Wednesday, June 18, 2008

funny things

Every day I look at Aliyah and think, "what will she say today?" she says the funniest, weirdest, most insightful things a four year old could say. here are a few!

  • So, we watch Jeopardy every night, partly because I like it and partly because I don't want to pay for cable any more. Now, I consider myself a relatively smart person, nothing compared to the people on jeopardy. I get a few answers right during each round and I always say them out loud, kinda habit. Well, when Aliyah is in the room, she is amazed. I'll say the answer, then the contestant (or Alex) will say the same thing. She looks at me and smiles every time. One time she says, "WOW, mom why are you so smart?" I like that she thinks I am smart, but I didn't know how to answer, so of course I said, "Because mommy is so great!" Gotta toot my horn when I can...So, when they get to the end of jeopardy when they all answer the same question and the music comes on...Aliyah will say in her most excited voice, "Mommy, this is where they get serious!" I die laughing every time she says it. And of course, she sings the theme song...too funny!
  • So, in our living room we have a ceiling fan with a light on it...if you are sitting on the couch and look out toward the dining room, you are looking right at it. so, aliyah and I were sitting on the couch the other night and Shawn came out of the bedroom to tell us something....so, he was standing right under the light and you couldn't really see his face at all because of the glare...so, Aliyah says, "Daddy you look like darkness"...then of course she gets into the questioning of why she is brown, daddy is black and i am yellow (she thinks white people are yellow and when i think about it she's right!)

I gotta go, but i'll post some more soon about her crazy ideas/thoughts......

1 comment:

Christina said...

LOVE the look of the new blog. Ok, so Aliyah cracks me up. She is such a character!! I love the stories...keep them coming!