Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yada Yada

There is a new great series of books I am addicted to....The Yada Yada Prayer Group....the jist is....it is about a 3rd grade teacher who portrays herself as the "good Christian". Or so she thinks...She attends a women's conference and gets placed into a prayer group with a lot of different kinds of people, an ex-con, a newly christian japenese student...etc....believe me, lots of different types...as they pray together they become like the closest of sisters and Jodi (the main character) realizes that she is a sinner just like everyone else...

These books have really lifted my spirit to the Lord and given me a few ideas to try myself...for instance, every day I walk to the end of my street in the morning because I carpool with a friend to work....well after reading these books, I now pray out loud during the whole walk and I praise Jesus more than anything now! It's been eye opening....I suggest these books if you are looking for a good read! Let me know what you think!

Amber :)

By the way MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Thanks for the great blogging this year...I like this way to outlet my happy and frustrating times! Keep em coming!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh Amber! How sweet are you??! I just love you and miss you. The Yada Yada books sound good. I love a good book, but when I'm not reading one I fall out of the habit. I think I'll look for those! I wish you, Katie and I could be a Yada Yada group together. I miss you so much.

I love your blogging and how honest and candid it is. It's refreshing. I'm glad that things with Aliyah are getting better everyday!

Love you!

Katie said...

Thanks for writing about this because I had forgotten the name of the books. What a great testimony about fitting prayer into your every morning. I know Jesus will bless you for your faithfulness.

You are very special Mama AML and the Avebe's love and miss you very much. I agree with Christina - I wish we could all three get together sometime in the near future!

xo

Sara said...

Hi, Amber! Just wanted to say that I hope you had a Merry Christmas. I, too, have enjoyed reading your blog this year and really appreciate your openess and honesty.

We are praying for your family and look forward to keeping in touch this way next year!

Happy New Year!

Sara

Christina said...

alright AML, this is my official request for you to join FB.!!!! Do it!! hahaha! Miss you and love you!